3 pounds of pork breakfast sausage meat (I make my own sage breakfast sausage, a Jimmy Dean clone)
8 boxes Stove Top turkey stuffing mix
5 cooking onions finely diced
3 ribs of celery finely diced
8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1. Cook the breakfast sausage in a large pan making sure to break apart any large lumps until it's just cooked through and not brown.
2. Strain the meat and reserve a little of the fat to cook the onion, celery and mushrooms until they're softened but not brown.
3. Prepare the Stove Top according to the package directions.
4. When the stove top is ready, search out the biggest bowl you can find and combine the Stove Top with the cooked sausage, onion, celery, mushrooms, and mushroom soup. Stir to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into a large disposable aluminum tray or multiple casserole dishes making sure not to pack the mixture into the container. Cover with foil or the lids to the casserole dishes.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 350°F
Enjoy with some home made turkey gravy and you're set!
These shots are of the stuffing before it was baked in the oven: