Friday, December 18, 2009

Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins

Back in October I happened across a blog called Inn Cuisine which features recipes submitted by Inns and B&Bs around the USA. I stumbled upon a recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins. The photos taken by Sandie, who runs the site, were striking. They made me want to try the recipe out right away.

I'll let you browse the recipe from Inn Cuisine as I have not gotten permission to duplicate it here.

I made the recipe as stated and got the 12 muffins, I seemed to have almost half the cheesecake filling left over when I had finished. I should have used more of the cheesecake filling as it melts and leaves hollows if you don't use enough (see photo below). I made a second batch of six muffins using up the leftover filling by making them in large muffin tins and they were much better. I still think there is too much filling for a single batch of batter.

Sandie's description of the finished product is spot on: "Surprisingly well-balanced, these muffins are a chocolate lover’s delight and stop short of being cloyingly sweet".

The only thing I might change in the future is springing for quality cocoa, the store brand that I used didn't give the same striking contrast in colour that Sandie's had.


Photobucket

No comments: